Let us face it; it is the thrill of the challenging trail that excites you when planning a 4×4 or off-road trip. It is certainly not the thought of compiling packing lists or packing and loading the vehicles that gets your adrenaline rushing. What might is when you realise you have forgotten the chairs or braai tongs too! Many have realised that a fail-proof way to truly enjoy an off-road adventure is to hire camping equipment that they need.
At Ivory 4×4 Hire, we can assure you that our camping equipment and gear available for hire will provide you with every possible comfort for your time off the beaten track. When you hire camping equipment from us, we will provide the following:
- General camping equipment – this includes fridges, chairs, tables, GPS systems, gas bottles, water containers, braai grids, tripods, camping lights, diesel containers, ammo boxes, and axes.
- Camping kitchen equipment – cutting boards, cutlery, can openers, kettles, salad bowls, pots and pans, plates, desert bowls, mugs, and braai turners.
- Vehicle and safari camping equipment – radio systems, recovery ropes, shackles, lifting jacks, wheel spanners, dual-battery systems, puncture repair kits, fire extinguishers, jumper cables, toolkits, shovels, air compressors, pressure gauges, extension leads, and reflective triangles.
You can also hire additional camping equipment, such as ground tents, rooftop tents, spare wheels, extra auxiliary belts, satellite phones, and awnings.
What Else You Should Pack When You Hire Camping Equipment
Hiring your camping equipment does not mean that you will not have to pack anything else. If you are travelling to remote areas, keep in mind that you will need to carry the hired equipment as well as your food and clothing for the trip. Space is at a premium, so try to travel light. In addition to the camping equipment that you hire, remember to pack the following items:
- Sun protection.
- A decent pair of walking shoes and sandals or slops.
- Medication and an emergency first-aid kit, including mosquito repellent, bite cream/spray, and antiseptic soap in case of injury.
- Border crossing documents (if you are crossing into another country).
- Camera and binoculars.
- Car chargers for your cellphone, camera, and GPS.
- Sundries: Do not forget to pack a torch, toilet paper, and spare batteries.
Need more advice for your off-road trip? At Ivory 4×4 Hire, we do more than just hire out camping equipment. We can help you to fully plan and prepare for your trip. Contact us via email or telephone for further assistance today.