Do you want to experience the top 4×4 trails in the country, but have no 4×4 vehicle of your own? Do not worry! Many people do not own their own 4×4 and still get to enjoy the off-road adventures that South Africa has to offer. In fact, 4×4 hire in South Africa is popular for both local and foreign visitors. If you want to get a true taste of South Africa and see her beauty in its rawest form, a self-drive 4×4 trip should be at the top of your holiday bucket list. Of course, before you get to explore the country for days or weeks at a time, you might want to try out a few shorter 4×4 adventures that are on offer.
With 4×4 hire in South Africa, you can enjoy the country’s top 4×4 adventures, some of which we have detailed below:
- Bass Lake Adventures (Henley on Klip) – this venue offers a full-day 4×4 course where you can spend hours learning just how to make the most of your 4×4 vehicle.
- Brakkeduine Sand Trails (Eastern Cape) – situated on the sand dunes and in a particularly beautiful part of the Eastern Cape, these trails offer a minimum of three hours of off-road fun. The track is circular and 14 km long. The only prerequisite with this course is that a minimum of five people per car is required in order to use the track.
- Gecko Rock 4×4 Trail (Karoo) – this trail was very well-thought out and it offers the ultimate experience for adrenaline junkies. Its impact on the environment is minimal and there are some milder 4×2 options available, as well as two difficult trails designed for those who are bent on having a challenging experience.
- Riverwild 4×4 (Mpumalanga) – this 4×4 venue offers something for every type of off-road junkie. It offers no fewer than nine trails to choose from, all packed with obstacles and challenges. This track is for everyone, from the intermediate to advanced level of off-road driver.
- Tugam 4×4 Trails (KZN) – these trails are located on a game farm, so keep your eyes peeled, because there is lots to see! There are four trails that run for over 75 km and overnight accommodation, if you wish to take your time with them. There are also hiking trails available for those who want to spend some time on foot outside of the car.
Of course, it is important to ensure that your off-road vehicle is in a good condition before you attempt any 4×4 trails. At Ivory 4×4 Hire, we offer vehicles that are well-maintained and regularly serviced for your safety and peace of mind. The vehicles that we offer for 4×4 hire in South Africa are the Toyota Hilux SRX Double Cab diesel models, which definitely will not let you down. If you wish to continue your adventures after having had a taste of some of these trails, you can. All our 4×4 rentals are fully equipped with all the camping gear and equipment that you need for a safe and comfortable trip.
Want to learn more about our offerings for 4×4 hire in South Africa? Waste no more time. Contact us via email or telephone at Ivory 4×4 Hire today.