If you live in Gauteng, we have a variety of off-road trails that are bound to excite you. We hire out vehicles and camping gear, but that’s not all; we can assist you with the planning of 4×4 tours in Gauteng, as well as provide airport transfers and accommodation.
Now that you’ve decided that you’re off-roading in Gauteng, it’s time to investigate some of the best 4×4 tours in the province. The following 4×4 trails in and near Gauteng are firm favourites amongst the off-road community:
- Kungwini – this 4×4 trail is just an hour from Johannesburg and 30 minutes from Pretoria. It has 12 obstacle courses to assist with 4×4 experience training. You will pass the eastern area of the Magaliesberg and the African ruins called “Koppies”. Off-road enthusiasts can choose between a variety of trails that range from 1,4 to 8 km in length.
- Bass Lake Adventures (Henley on Klip) – this venue offers 4×4 tours in Gauteng five days per week. It offers a self-drive trail that is 14 km of natural ascents and descents. There are various escape routes in the more difficult areas. The trail usually takes approximately three hours to complete.
- Berakah Eco Trail – this trail, which is close to Parys, offers 15 km of challenging terrain including mud, riverbeds, mountain trails, steep gradients, rocks, sand, and water crossings. Among the 4×4 tours in Gauteng, this is a persistent favourite. It usually takes one to two days to complete.
- RdW Bundu Trail – this is another firm favourite for those seeking challenging 4×4 tours in Gauteng. The trail, which is 80 km long, takes approximately two days to complete and is not recommended for inexperienced 4×4 drivers. The terrain includes rocks, steep mountain trails and gradients, gorges, and very tight bends.
- Lammergeyer Farm – this farm is located close to Heidelberg and offers a variety of trails to choose from. Most take six or more hours to complete. The terrain presents sand, water crossings, mud, steep gradients, mountain trails, and rocks.
These are just a few of the 4×4 tours in Gauteng that come to mind. The options are endless and that’s why we would love to assist you with planning your route and ensuring that you have everything required for a safe and enjoyable trip.
Our 4 x 4 Vehicles for Hire
How enjoyable your trip is will depend on the vehicle that you will use. Most trails in the area are only suited to vehicles with low range transmission and high ground clearance. At Ivory 4×4 Hire, we recommend that you hire a 4×4 from us. We hire out the Toyota Hilux SRX Double Cab diesel. We have 2014 models and newer on offer. We hire out our vehicles fully kitted out with absolutely everything that you need to enjoy your trip. These vehicles comfortably transport four people and their fuel economy is very competitive.
If you would like further assistance with planning 4×4 tours in Gauteng, or would like a quotation on the hire of our vehicles and equipment for the duration of your trip, waste no more time. Simply contact us via email or telephone at Ivory 4×4 Hire today.