What to Know About Our 4 x 4 Rentals Across South Africa
South Africa is known for its community of off-road enthusiasts. Here you will find adventurists who deck their 4×4 vehicles out with the latest and greatest equipment and constantly seek to tackle the most challenging trails the country’s terrain has to offer. For those who see off-road travelling as more of an exciting hobby, however, our private company offers a far more affordable option. You see, we offer 4×4 rentals across South Africa, and our all-inclusive services translate into the best possible journey for you.
We Are Your Overland Adventure Experts
Here at Ivory 4×4 Hire, we don’t just see our work as a job – it’s a calling about which we are passionate. Because we are avid explorers ourselves, we understand the enjoyment our clients get out of bundu-bashing their way through the continent. For this reason, we offer route planning assistance along with our 4×4 rentals and help each client map out their travels across South Africa and borders beyond. Here is a list of just some of the following equipment we provide for each thrilling trip:
- Double cab, off-road vehicles that have been meticulously maintained.
- Camping and safari equipment required for self-drive 4×4 rentals.
- All required documentation needed to get across any Southern African border.
- An off-road driving induction if needed.
- GPS and satellite phone hire.
- Route-planning assistance and waypoint and route compilations using Tracks 4 Africa, as well as GPS installation of these routes.
- Vehicle drop-offs and pick-ups across nine countries.
- Self-drive rentals in South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, and Malawi.
- One-night free guest house accommodation for two people.
- Free transfers to and from the airport.
Why We Use Double Cab Vehicles Exclusively
There are a few reasons why we only rent out double cab vehicles to those travelling across the country and beyond, and they all have to do with safety and practicality concerns. Firstly, there is far more space inside a double cab for passengers, small equipment items, and personal luggage. This means equipment won’t be shoved onto a single front passenger seat, which is potentially dangerous. All our double cabs are dustproof and fully 4×4 capable on dirt and tar, and for their size use fuel much more economically. Your gear is placed in the back too, which means unlike a standard vehicle, you won’t deal with rattling or damage to the inside of the vehicle.
If you are interested in our 4×4 rentals, don’t hesitate to send us a message today and find out about how we can make your journey one for the books.